It can be difficult to have dinner ready after a busy day at work, getting in your favorite workout and run around family. In today's BiteMe post we introduce a favorite recipe - crockpot chicken tacos.
This recipe comfortably serves four people, but if you and your meal buddy are both active, you'll probably want to split it between two people! As always, it depends on your nutrition goals.
- 1 Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Packet favorite taco seasoning (or, make your own!)
- 8 Corn Tortillas (or whole wheat)
- Romaine lettuce, shredded (for topping)
- Cilantro, chopped (for topping)
- Fresh Onion, diced (for topping)
- Tomatoes, diced (for topping)
- 1 Jar of your favorite store brand salsa
- No use getting fancy here. You're cooking this!
- Pour about 1/2 of the jar of salsa into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- OPTIONAL STEP BUT RECOMMENDED: In a hot skillet or grill pan, sear the chicken breasts until golden brown on each side.
- Place chicken on top of salsa in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken breasts.
- Pour the rest of the salsa on top, and set your cooker to high for four hours.
To serve, warm the tortillas on a dry skillet set over high heat, or your grill. Serve the chicken divided among the tortillas, and topped with the vegetables. Feel free to spice up your tacos, as well. Hot sauce or fresh salsa is always a welcome addition to any chicken tacos.