No matter how hard you try, it seems impossible to always have a complete, healthy meal on hand for each time you need to eat. Maybe you're great at having food prepared for breakfast and lunch, but you struggle to find a snack for the mid-morning lull or pre-workout fuel. Today we share a simple recipe for homemade energy bites!
These energy bites have a combination of healthy fats, protein, and carbohydrates, which make them the ideal option for a healthy snack or pre-workout fuel.
- 1 Cup Natural Almond or Peanut Butter (should be two ingredients: nuts and salt)
- 3 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal or Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Protein Powder of choice
- 2 Tbsp. Raw Cacao Nibs (optional)
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter you are using with the almond milk.
- Heat the mixture in 20 second increments, on high, until it is easy to stir.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, and mix together until integrated completely.
- Using your hands or a large melon baller, roll the energy bites into approximately golf-ball-sized portions.
- Store in an airtight container in either the refrigerator or the freezer. If you store them in the freezer, they will last longer, but will need to thaw slightly before eating.